IBM’s Dublin Software Lab is running a week-long programme for female transition year students from schools in the Dublin area. The programme will run from 12 – 16 November 2012, 10.30am to 3.30pm daily.
This IBM programme is one of several offered by IT companies supporting the Smart Futures initiative. The Smart Futures WorkXperience programme, run in conjunction with CareersPortal.ie, is one of a number of initiatives designed to engage with students, teachers, stakeholders and the wider community in order to stimulate an interest in technology as a potential career option and to influence subject choices at second and third level.
IBM programme format
The format for this programme will be a mix of workshops, presentations and activities. Topics will include:
- Everyday uses of technology
- Scratch challenge – introduction to computing and software development
- Famous women from the science and technology world
- Presentation Skills – learn how to present to a group
- Fun team building activities
- Smarter Planet workshop challenge
- Learn how to build a website
- IT career opportunities in IBM
Students must arrange their own transport to and from IBM each day. The work experience will take place at IBM Technology Campus, Damastown Industrial Estate, Mulhuddart, Co Dublin.
How to apply?
Email your CV, including a line or two as to why you would like to participate in this workshop, to Orla Flannery email@example.com. In the ‘Subject’ field of your email, include: TY Programme 2012.
For more information see the Careers Portal website