Want to give your students an insight into what it is like to work in some of the most progressive ICT and engineering firms in Ireland?
The Smart Futures video series can help you achieve this, as each video captures “a day in the life” of engineers and technologists in the following organisations:
- Wavebob – renewable technologies
- Boston Scientific – biomedical engineering
- Havok – computer gaming/physics
- The Defence Forces – engineering in the Defence Forces
- ESB International – working with wind energy
We visited the BT Young Scientist and Technology Exhibition in January 2013 and spoke to students that had submitted some fantastic tech-related projects. Check out their video interviews:
- Students from Alexandra College, Dublin, talk about their ‘Space efficient light harvesting Fibonacci’ project, which went on to win the Science Foundation Ireland Special Award (Junior) http://youtu.be/wsJDGW8PHks
- Shane Curran, 1st year student from Terenure College, Dublin, talks about his project ‘Libramatic: Cloud Based System’ that went on to win the Google Trailblazers in Technology prize (Jnr Category). http://youtu.be/k8yOjxg0olo
- Students from Scoil Chonglais, Blatinglas, Co. Wicklow, talk about their MedTech project ‘I.C.E. Scan Me’ which went on to win the IE Domain Registry Special Award for Technology (Snr Category). http://youtu.be/VmgCIAq1QYk
- Young Mac app developer Harry Moran, a 1st year student from Coláiste An Naoimh Spioraid, Cork, talks about his project – ‘Robot Run’ recently launched on the App Store and his experience with Cork Coder Dojo. The project went on to win the Bank of Ireland Technology prize (Junior category) http://youtu.be/YFJ3_A22tEw
Don’t forget to revisit this page as we will be adding more videos here in due course.