Cpl Resources Plc is Ireland’s leading provider of recruitment and HR outsourcing solutions. It specialises in providing permanent, temporary and contract recruitment, outsourcing and managed services solutions to companies through its offices across Ireland, the UK and Central and Eastern Europe.
Cpl Resources Plc is organised into 10 individual companies, each providing specialist recruitment. Cpl ICT recently received the “Best in Practice IT and Telecoms 2011″ award from the National Recruitment Federation.
“With the growth in cloud computing, offsite storage and internet services, next generation networks and unified communications, the reliance on technology and ultra-fast, on-demand services in our lives is only on the increase and behind the delivery of all these services are engineers. Demand for IP network engineers, Linux engineers and open-source technology developers is continually growing and we expect to see many interesting opportunities in the coming years.”
- Tom Leonard, Cpl Recruitment
Cpl ICT recruits software professionals, including:
- Software Engineers (Java, C, C++,C#/.net)
- Web Developers
- Test Engineers
- Data Analysts
- Business Analysts
- Technical Project Managers and technical support
ICT and related jobs available through Cpl include:
- Software engineers proficient in Java, C, C++, C#/.Net
- Test engineers
- Infrastructure (Desktop support, administrators etc)
- Professional services (Project managers, data analysts, business analysts)
What we look for
The qualifications we look for to fulfil ICT roles are minimum of a 2:1 honours degree in Computer Science, IT, Management Information Systems, Software Systems or Business Computing.
Our clients are also keen to recruit candidates who have completed a strong Leaving Certificate. Typical criteria would include greater than 400 CAO points (Honours Maths, Min C1 and Physics or Applied Maths or Chemistry).
When screening graduates we seek candidates who are:
- Problem solvers
- Good communicators
- Candidates with some intern experience
- Ambitious and career focused, with a passion for IT and IT sector trends
At present the IT market in Ireland is extremely busy. Graduates of software-related courses can pursue a number of career options.
- Candidates who enjoy programming typically specialise in particular programming languages
- Candidates enter companies as graduate software developers and progress through the ranks to senior software developers and then to architect level or CTO positions
- Other candidates may train as software developers and move on to software consultancy or management positions
- Software development is not the only option for graduates – they can also enter careers in Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Test Engineering, Web Development and IT Infrastructure/ Cloud Computing
IT courses provide a solid foundation that allows candidates to progress to a wide variety of careers.
What are software developer salary scales?
- Graduate Level: €25-35k
- 1-3 years’ experience: €35-45k
- 4-7 years’ experience: €45-65k
- 7+ years’ experience €65k+
Our clients offer some or all of the following benefits:
- 20-25 days annual leave
- Full health insurance
- Pension contributions
- Income protection
- Stock options
- Gym membership / bike to work schemes
- Financial assistance for further study
- Opportunity to travel with your job/ or live abroad
Typically software companies provide a number of sports and social events for employees. Additional activities include team bonding trips away, games rooms, lunchtime classes for example (guitar lessons, cooking tutorials, dance classes, pilates / yoga etc).